Friday, August 21, 2009

A groundswell of support...

Well, let me start off by thanking Tommy Taylor.

"Been a fan of things I've seen workshopped/read of yours. Like to help you out on this zero budget thing. I can get B&W photocopy done for you for free (programs), if you've got people to be folders, I got copies."

Thank you very much, Tommy. Much appreciated.

It's been pretty cool to see people pull together around this. I had at least 3 people in a matter of hours offer to help us print our programs for free/suggest free solutions/etc. There's something about finding a way to get things done without spending money that has struck some sort of cultural chord. Anyone remember that One Red Paper Clip thing? That's where I got the idea to try this. For anyone who doesn't know, some dude decided he wanted to set up a series of barters on the internet with strangers by beginning with bartering one red paper clip, and his stated goal was to end up eventually bartering that for a house. He did it.

As for me? I'm not trying to get a house. But I AM trying to see if we can put up a 16-show run without spending a DIME! Right now, we're pretty much there. By utilizing creativity, community and friendship, we have the chance to put something really special up...

NEXT CHALLENGE: We would like to find a way to distribute a simple paper flyer about our play.

We have no money, but we're open to negotiation. Please help if you can. A ZERO-budget show could really send a message...

Bobman

No comments:

Post a Comment